The River Road - Santa Clara Volunteer Library is a non-profit organization that began in 2003 with the mission of establishing and maintaining library services for the River Road - Santa Clara community.
Knowing the importance of library accessibility to the health and well being of any community a small, dedicated group of local citizens spent numerous hours sifting and sorting through thousands of books to start a library in the River Road - Santa Clara area. The doors opened in June of 2005 and now thirty thousand people who live in the River Road and Santa Clara neighborhoods have access to low cost library services that were previously unavailable.
There are now over 15,000 books and other materials, including audio books, available for library patrons. Visit our ABOUT page to learn more about joining.
Ongoing ways to help KEEP OUR LIBRARY OPEN!
We're at it again! Trying to raise funds to keep the doors to our volunteer library open for you! Here are more ways to help us:
1. Our initial fundraising campaign is over, but you can continue to support the library by ordering through the website or by phone through October 1, 2015 and the library will receive 5% of your order total from Schwans!
Here are two ways to support us!
1. Visit Schwans-Cares.com <-- click the link
2. Enter Campaign Name or ID: Keep Our Library OPEN or 15025 into the search box located in the upper right hand corner then click to open campaign.
Order by Phone:
Call 1-855-870-7208 and provide Campaign ID: 15025.
TWO Quick & Easy Ways to Help the Volunteer Library!
The River Road-Santa Clara Volunteer Library is now using GoodSearch.com to raise funds.
GoodSearch donates money to the library when you search the Internet, shop online or dine out at local restaurants! Use GoodSearch.com to search the Internet and they donate a penny per search to the library. Use GoodShop.com when you shop online and they donate a percentage of every purchase and offer over 100,000 coupons to help you save money too! Sign up for their GoodDining program and they'll donate a percentage of your restaurant bill when you eat at any one of thousands of participating restaurants. It's really easy; it's free and turns simple everyday actions into a way to make the world a better place.
Please sign up today to help support the River Road Santa Clara Volunteer Library. Go to GoodSearch.com to get started, and thank you for your support!
You can help us earn donations just by shopping with your Fred Meyer Rewards Card!
Fred Meyer is donating $2.5 million per year to non-profits in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington, based on where their customers tell them to give. Here’s how the program works:
- Sign up for the Community Rewards program by linking your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to the Volunteer Library at www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewards. You can search for us by our name or by our non-profit number 91638.
- Then, every time you shop and use your Rewards Card, you are helping the Volunteer Library earn a donation!
- You still earn your Rewards Points, Fuel Points, and Rebates, just as you do today. If you do not have a Rewards Card, they are available at the Customer Service desk of any Fred Meyer store.
Wireless Internet is Now Available!
The River Road-Santa Clara Volunteer Library has gone wireless! Wireless internet is now available to patrons, along with Desktop and Laptop computers. Bring your own or use ours!
Don’t have a card? Library cards are easy to get, good for the whole family and only $15 a year. The Library would like to thank the Lane Library League for their donations and continued support of the library.
Your community Volunteer Library is now on Facebook! Like us HERE and invite all of your Facebook friends join our brand new online conversation! We're just getting started, and you can help us grow.